Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Two-farm Tuesday! I managed to collect 24 samples today thanks to the help of two young farms hands. The first farm I went to was a large-by-Trinidadian standards farm with 48 dairy animals. It only took an hour for me to get all the samples I needed. The second farm was a repeat. I went there with Daniel and Sophie a few weeks ago, but the samples were thrown out. The farmer is a lovely woman who grew up in Santa Cruz. I guess she took a liking to me an offered me two GIANT pieces of cake. She said I was too thin. Whatever gets me delicious cake. I was done with both farms by 10am and decided to hunt down two other farms for the project. I recruited Farmer Lyons and Farmer Singh to participate. I'm heading to their farms next Monday, which will bring my farm total to 18! One left in Trinidad and one left in Tobago!

My day started early with Sparky waking me up with unnecessary barking. My alarm was set for 5:45, but I only heard it after the first snooze. Needless to say, I took a sweet nap this afternoon/evening. Getting ready to watch either Malcolm X or Meet Joe Black.

My grad student spotlight is featured on the new Cornell website! Haha, the picture they used was of me cutting open Sweetie's kidney in my bathing suit. Hilarious. Click here to check it out. Chris, my former roommate is also featured. Nice job, Cornell Vet Med!


Very skinny cows

No comments:

Post a Comment