Saturday, July 16, 2011








I have a great farewell lime with the few, but great, friends I made in T&T. Even Dad was in attendance. Gigi made saltfish, fried plantains, and rice, and I made guacamole with some of Uncle Tony's delicious avocados from his tree. We ate, drank, danced and reminisced on the good times. I'm the first of our Fulbright quartet to leave (Jacob is following suit pretty soon). I hope they continue to bond and have amazing adventures.

Dad and I didn't get much sleep and headed to Icacos with Sparky and the pups. The drive was a long one, a little over 2.5 hours. Southern Trinidad is so beautiful; reminds me of NE Trinidad in terms of the landscape and absence of over-development. The dogs had such a great time swimming in the ocean. Thank goodness it was low tide or I could bet my last dollar they would have stayed on the shore (they're not fans of waves). It was a blistering hot day, and I don't think I have been in warmer waters. My tan needed that final coating of sun to get me through the winter in Ithaca! :-)

I waited almost 2 hours for Avia to come over with the kids for a sleepover. Everyone was exhausted and passed out at various points during Transformers 3. Dad and I were the first to go. Should be an interesting day tomorrow. Lots of stuff planned, including some last minute bonding with my niece and nephew!

No comments:

Post a Comment