Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What a day! It started with a call from Anjanie about a box left at Waterloo. A box often equates to dumped puppies. I was heading in that direction to find and hopefully pick up three puppies I saw there last week. After a quick stop at the Caroni rice fields, I drove to Waterloo, made a turn at the bridge and saw the white box that Anjanie described. I approached slowly in the car, took a photo of the exterior, and peeped in. No puppies. Phew! During the short drive to the Temple, I noticed significant less dogs, but still there were new ones. A brown female, a brown male, a white mother and her three pups. There was an eerie silence until Whiny greeted me. I saw one of the brown pups from last week. Two guys who were sitting at the benches said they saw the other earlier. With some searching around the shore, I managed to find their hiding spot in a crevice formed by broken concrete. One was easier to get out than the other. The other was is a feisty little thing! I put all of them in the crate and proceed to Balram and Radha's after feeding the few dogs near the Temple. On my way, the white mother dog barked at me and suddenly, I felt a grasp on my hand. She had bitten through my pants! I couldn't believe it. She literally bit the hand that fed her. The bite started to bleed. Balram insisted that he use his home remedy of hot onions on my wound.

I'll skip my Carli Bay excitement and move to my trip to the Ministry of Trade and Industry to pick up the export license for Zara and Sparky. I was concerned because the idiot who photocopied Zara's health certificate photocopied the back onto the front of the original and didn't say anything. I was praying that it wouldn't matter. I guess I find out tomorrow because the office was closed due to an air conditioner malfunction. I felt a pang in my brain almost instantaneously. It's a good thing I have a bathtub...

Caroni Rice Fields

Mom (that bit me) and her pups

The new Nita, Gita, and Zara litter. Sweet babies.

So many awesome butterflies in T&T.

Hungry Carli Bay dogs

Hidden Pup

No comments:

Post a Comment