Thursday, September 30, 2010

I sat in on my first class today. Maybe it was too early in the morning, but I could not remember my basic statistics. Standard deviation, for example. I knew it was the square root of something, but what that something was, I couldn't tell you. Then there was Chi-square. I knew what goes into the equation, but once a real world example was presented to me, I completely blanked. I have become too reliant on statistical packages. I definitely need a refresher.

My sister and I went to the first of many lunches together today. I think she thinks I'm a little loony. Well, she's right! I got to meet everyone at her job (she also works at the University but on a different campus), then we went to, of all places, Popeye's. Good times.

While in a meeting with a professor, I was distracted by a mid-sized bird hanging out in a field just outside of his office . While he was writing down my contact information, I whipped out my binoculars and jotted down notes about the striking feathered creature. It was a Southern Lapwing and boy was it beautiful!


Southern Lapwing


Stray dog rummaging through garbage, Part II

No comments:

Post a Comment