After lunch, I was inspired to leave the house and took a drive around Santa Cruz. Sparky sat in the back. He was a very good passenger. My first stop was to see my Great Aunt Rita. She has a heart attack a few days before I came. She seemed to be doing okay; her mouth as saucy as usual. She mentioned that she stopped by Grandpa's burial site a few weeks ago. That was my second destination. I visited Grandpa and chatted with him for a bit. It still doesn't feel like he's gone. Oh, how I wish I was able to spend this time with him. I know that he is here in spirit. His soul resides in his mandolins I have in the guestroom waiting to be fixed and played by his only grandchild.
I left the cemetery and drove past my old school, Santa Cruz R.C. School, a few blocks away. It looks the same from what I can remember. Then I came home, soaked with sweat and sun-beaten. That meant nap time again!
New birds? Just one. A white-bearded manakin (male) hanging out by the fire department in Santa Cruz, though after checking out the pictures from my Google search, I can't be sure if I've correctly identified the bird I saw. My photo is blurry and not worth posting. Oh well. The bird looked a lot like this one .
Oh, and the mosquitoes finally found me...
Santa Cruz R.C. School, my old elementary
White-lined Tanager
No comments:
Post a Comment