Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Operation Puppy Pick-up (OPP) #2 happened a little before lunchtime today. After short visits to dairy farms, Sophie and I went to Waterloo. Our mission was two-fold: give dogs their second dose of Endovet and to pick up any pups on the site. Both tasks were equally challenging. There was a cremation going on making it difficult to move along and monitor which dogs were given tablets. In the end, I got as many as I could. When we arrived at the Temple, we were greeted by a bunch of new puppers. A litter of 5 puppies were roaming around the sitting area. Two other pups from separate litters soon surfaced. As I was getting ready to drive off, another pup came into view from the bank. And then one final dog, collared with a dollar bill wrapped around the loop, allowed me to pick it up. In all, we took 9 puppies to the TTSPCA, same number as OPP #1.

What a tiring day for Sophie and me! We're relaxing for the rest of the evening since we have an early farm visit at a government farm tomorrow.


My former Waterloo strays with their cute collars!


Dogs following the scent of Vienna sausages


My right hand, Sophie, for OPP #2


A picture of the house in Santa Cruz (as per Mom's request)


Me and the puppers (Sparky wouldn't stay on the couch)

No comments:

Post a Comment