Update: Nita and Gita have new owners! A woman I met in Matura (eastern Trinidad) wants them! She even called me today to confirm that she will come to Santa Cruz the weekend of Easter to pick them up! So very exciting!
The pups and Sparky all went to see Dr. Adam today. The pups got their third vaccination and Pucky got some eyedrops. His right eye is swollen and looks wonkier than usual (crazy doggie). We watched Dr. Adam remove a cancerous tumor from a 10 y/o dog and then transported said tumor to UWI. I finally mailed Mom's birthday card (sorry it's late, Mommy) and finished all of the cow samples from last year. Hoorah for productivity!
Sad news. My sister's two dogs, Callie and Sam, were poisoned last week. Sam died last night and as of today, Callie was holding on with a poor prognosis. It is terrible that people here think it is okay to put poison down for the dogs. Not only is it inhumane, but other animals are likely to eat it as well. Sorry about the pups, Avi.
I have met some great people doing great things in T&T. I simply have to showcase one outstanding woman in particular, Annette Thomas. Annette is always warm and friendly to me, and always so helpful. Today, I went into the TTSPCA with a laundry list of requests: Endovet for the Waterloo dogs, a dentist for Sophie, sign-up for Sparky's neutering, etc. In a flash, all of my wants were fulfilled, and to boot, she even got me a puppy-spay package! Nita, Gita, and Zara (and Sparky) will all be spayed on April 4th. Thanks, Annette and the TTSPCA for all of your help and great work throughout the year!
Yoga time.
Puppy pile
Sparky train
Dr. Adam and Nita
No comments:
Post a Comment