I understand that life should have its challenges, but some things sort of blindside you and leave you wondering why? Why so soon? I woke up at 3 this morning, not sure why exactly. I saw Sparky sleeping next to the bed on the rug I put down yesterday. It didn't look like he was breathing, so I gave him a little nudge. He sprung up like his usual crazy self. He also surprised Sweetie who began coughing. She had a cough since I found her, but this one was weird. I opened the door to let the dogs out and within five minutes, Sweetie passed away.
I don't know what happened. She cried out in pain and stumbled to climb the stairs to the top level. I hurriedly opened the door to wake Dad then ran back to her. She was rolling in circles now. Then she began frothing at the mouth and was gone within five minutes.
Thinking back, she was a little different after the beach yesterday; just little. She still ate all of her food and finished Sparky's. I just can't believe it. I didn't get to spend that much time with her, and only one day of 2011. I'm distraught and confused. I did what I could for what was supposed to be my companion for long her lifetime. Her new bed came with me in my luggage. I just ordered dog tags with Sparky and her picture on it. I just can't believe it!
I'm going to take her to the vet early tomorrow, if that's even an option. I recall her eating something crunchy on the beach. Maybe? I just don't know what happened...
The flags in Trinidad were at half-staff today. I'd like to think they were for Sweetie.
Sweetie on her new bed.
This was taken out of Sweetie.
No comments:
Post a Comment