
Our final day in Tobago went quite smoothly compared to the rest of the weekend. After about 32 hours of work over two days, we were finally able to kick back by the pool and beach. Jasmine, Sarrah, and Erin did the Glassboat Boat tour, Sarah reclined in a beach chair, and I did some birding at the Bon Accord Sewage Ponds. New bird: Least Grebe. The sewage ponds were pretty! I saw repeat birds, an Anhinga, Wattled Jacunas, Common Moorhens, Little Blue Herons, Great Egrets, Grackles, and Green Herons. I then tried Then I met up with Sarah at Store Bay and took a much needed nap.
The ferry ride to Trinidad was much smoother. No crazy waves; no people vomiting around us. We got back just in time so that I could pick up Gigi and drive back to Santa Cruz to pick up Jasmine for her flight to the airport. Whew! Exhausting.

Yellow-headed Caracara

Bon Accord Sewage Ponds
No comments:
Post a Comment