Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chacachacare or BUST! I was invited to join the Forestry Division on their trip to the island today. There were reports of recent iguana hunting but it's no longer hunting season. As usual, I was way earlier than everyone else. 9 AM turned into 10:30 in no time flat. The wait was definitely worth it. The island has such interesting history and a completely different landscape to the main island Trinidad. There's even a salt pond! I can only imagine what it looks like since we couldn't disembark on that side of the island due to strong currents. I identified two new birds (still working on some), walked through a haunted nunnery, and meet some great people during the trip. Thanks, Mr. Harry, for keeping your word!


I was exhausted and famished after the trip. After a bowl of soup, I passed out for a few hours. I woke up to talk to mom and Daniel. I'm going to work on my D. renale paper until it's done. Let's see how long it will take!

Sweet boat!


















How could people trash such a beautiful place?


















Cemetery on Chacachacare

No comments:

Post a Comment