Sunday, June 19, 2011

My day started with an early morning trip to Waterloo with Dr. Mahase and company to provide some veterinary care to ailing dogs. It was weird going back after yesterday's pick-up. Radha even commented on how quiet it was. I was forced to lie to Balram about the fate of the dogs. He asked if I could bring Pikachu back when she was finished with the spaying. I averted my eyes when I told him "Yes." The few remaining dogs at Waterloo will have new friends and enemies soon enough. I bet the number will be back to normal before I leave, so around 20-30 dogs.

Since there weren't many dogs to treat at the Temple site, we went down to Carli Bay where, I think, the situation is a lot worse. We arrived and only saw about 2 or 3 dogs. That's because the other 25 were distracted my beach limers who had food wit them. Once they smelled to sardines and dog chow, they came a runnin' and limpin'. They came in all sizes, ages, and both sexes, some much worse than others. They were so happy to have some food laced with ivermectin. I hope their skin conditions clear up. One dog looked particularly bad but was so friendly. I wish people understood how heartless their complete disregard for the lives of these animals is. We did a good thing today, but so much more needs to be done!

Okay, enough about the dogs. Happy Father's Day, Dad!!! This is the first Father's Day I have spent with my Dad since 1988, I guess. Let's see. So I went to Waterloo for most of the morning, I helped him grateful carrots, cheese, and chrystophene for lunch, took a nap, and went up to have lunch with Dad. We waited all day for Avia, Ms. Unreliable, who still hasn't called! Sigh. Dad and I may go out for a drink and to listen to some steel pan later. In the meantime, we're both going to catch some ZZZZZZs.

Dr. Mahase and her hungry patients

Ordered chaos- feeding at Carli Bay

Carli Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment