Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Gigi and I decided to take a road-trip to Waterloo and southern Trinidad. The dogs looked pretty bad. Of the 9 puppies that I dropped off food for back in December, three are left and they are covered in mange and are skin and bones. Four puppies were dropped off yesterday; super cute pups too! Since I have to go back to Waterloo on Friday to pick up some questionnaires, I may bring them with me and drop them off at the TTSPCA. I started administering the questionnaire to people in Waterloo. They were really approachable. I even saw a woman who came to look for a pup at the TTSPCA on Adoption Day! Small island, small world!

After Waterloo, we drove to San Fernando, my first trip since being here. We parked near the water and chatted with some fishermen. I gave the questionnaire to 5 people in San Fernando. All more or less thought there was a problem in the area. Interestingly enough, I found out that there is a woman who goes around and feeds the cats everyday. Organized chaos, I call it.

Mom called while we were leaving San Fernando to tell me that she was contemplating on putting my 12 year-old pup, Lassie, to sleep. She took him to the vet yesterday for a bleeding tumor and because of his age and the exorbitant cost of the surgery, she wasn't sure if removing it was a good idea. After some careful consideration, she opted for Lassie's surgery. Mom, you made the right decision! Lassie's surgery is today. I'm thinking of you, Pup!


Stray pups at Waterloo. I'm going to pick them up on Friday!


Pose for the camera, guys! Say, "Ministry of Tourism!"


Prior to a cremation

No comments:

Post a Comment