Two birds away from 100 birds of Trinidad and Tobago! I went to Mt. St. Benedict this morning, site of 140 different bird species. For some reason, I think when I visit these places with high numbers of birds that I will leave seeing almost all of them. Not the case at Asa Wright and again, not the case today. I did see three new birds with the help of a fellow birder from the US. I was driving down the from the church and saw Mitch, a man with binoculars hanging from his neck. Ding! Ding! ding! Jackpot. I slowed down and asked if I could join him. On our short hike back up the mountain we saw the Streaked Flycatcher, the Yellow-breasted Flycatcher, and the Boat-billed Flycatcher. We're meeting up tomorrow morning with his wife, Kathy, for some more birding.
I finished painting about 96% of the second guestroom. It's in lilac and payaya. Funky! I lost steam about 7. One more room and the porch to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment