Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My first full day in Barbados was pretty sweet. I woke up early to the sounds of several different bird calls and went to the porch to catch the sunrise. I sat and watched the ocean as a cool breeze surrounded me. Paradise.

Steph was still resting peacefully so I decided not to wake her. Instead, I did some yoga, something I've been trying to get into for months now. I looked up some poses online, remembering what I once learned from Wii Fit. I had enough room to do the The Sun Salutation and the Corpse. Listening to meditative yoga music while doing them was probably not a good idea. I fell asleep for about an hour and got a crazy farmer's tan on my arms and legs. This was the first time I fell asleep doing yoga! I must have been pretty relaxed.

I went back to bed for a little bit and woke Steph up around 11:30. We were out of the apartment and in Oistins before 1. It was a day of beaching! Miami Beach, Oistins Beach, and Welches Beach. We got lunch at restaurant shack close by. Steph and I both ordered the grilled marlin. Yum-my! It was my first time having marlin, but it will not be my last.

We're resting up for a long day of touring the west coast tomorrow. We rented Inception from a local video store. Knowing myself, I'll likely pass out before the first 15 minutes.

New bird: The Scaly-naped Pigeon


Marlin with "ground food" and fried plantations


Steph with $6.50US Coconut Water. Food here is expensive!


Fooling around at Welches Beach


Sun Salutation!

No comments:

Post a Comment