Monday, December 20, 2010

The third pair of Ruddy Ground Dove chicks hatched today. I figured it out when Mama Dove #3 flew off the porch, dropping the shell of one of the eggs. Sparky ate it I think (that dog will eat anything). They are ugly-cute as usual.

Speaking of birds, saw two new birds today, identifying only one. Coming back from Centeno Livestock Station for my last farm collection of 2010, I identified a Savanna Hawk perched on a post. I pulled over to the shoulder, jumped out the car, and ran across the road to the other side where he was. As I whipped out my camera, he flew off to a couple posts down. I repeated the series of events and a few good shots of him. It's a really handsome-looking bird.

The apartment is a mess again, so I'll get to some cleaning soon though, I'm feeling lazy. Uh oh.


Sweetie!


My failed attempt to lure birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment