I fell asleep before I could start yesterday's blog. Here's a recap:
One new bird: the Grey Hawk. I believe Mitch and I saw this same bird on the Mt. St. Benedict trail but were too far away to identify it. I got lucky when I saw it yesterday. I was really trying to identify a flycatcher but the focus on my binoculars went passed the bird perched on the telephone wires to bigger bird perched an a branch in the background. The eyes of the Grey Hawk are ominous, black and hollow, a drastic contrast against it's lighter coloring. Another handsome raptor added to the list!
I'm taking Sparky and Sweetie to the vet today. Sweetie's already behind on her shots and who knows where Sparky is with his. Dad hasn't been good about keeping his veterinary care up-to-date.
It's the day before Christmas Eve and it feels like any other day. Cold weather is an unimagined concept for me, considering I have spent over 3 months in hot, humid climate. I looked up the weather on Long Island and Ithaca this morning. Yikes. High of 20 in Ithaca! And Syracuse has had over 70" of snow already this winter! I think I'll go to the beach today :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment