Friday, November 12, 2010

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

I think I need a secretary. My organization skills have diminished drastically since I've been here. Case in point, I missed this week's research meeting. I was convinced it was today and even changed my Friday volunteer day at the TTSPCA to Thursday. Thank goodness the head of the vet school is understanding of my absent-mindedness. "As long as the research is getting done, don't worry too much about it." If this was a job, I would absolutely be fired. I also told him that I am in desperate need of an assistant. He said to check back on Monday. Sweet.

I processed the dog samples from yesterday and found a bunch of different parasites: Dipylidium caninum, hookworms (either Ancylostoma or Uncinaria), mites, Giardia, and Trichuris vulpis. Theresa has been a Godsend helping me with identification.

Dad and I met for free lunch today, drinks included! The meal consisted of saffron rice, BBQ chicken, turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, pigeon peas, and salad. Dad had red and white wine. I had a Carib. I went back to work for a few hours to finish up cattle samples from the previous farm, then Dad picked me up from work. On our way to Santa Cruz, we saw a car lodged in a ditch by the field where Sparky and I go for walks (see above). There was no one inside, in case you were wondering.

The mailbox had a note saying that a "bulky package" is waiting for me at the post office! I'm pretty sure it's not from Mom since she sent three super-bulky packages by freight for me. I'm guessing it's from Ashley or maybe Jo. I'll have to wait until Monday to find out. Speaking of Mom's bulky packages, those also arrived! Sparky's dog bed is in Trinidad! Oh yeah, and my research supplies too.

It's now 8pm. We're supposed to go out for Dad's birthday, but he's relaxing on the couch and I'm watching a rerun of Lost. If we leave soon, I may have enough energy to last the night. Otherwise, zzzzzzzzz.Ha! As I was typing, Avia called and said she's 10 minutes away from the restaurant. Time to get ready





No comments:

Post a Comment