Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I found out from listening to the radio this morning that the "biggest pop rock band in the world" will be in Trinidad on December 30th! You guessed it: Maroon 5. Huh? Maroon 5? I would have guessed U2 or Coldplay. I saw Maroon 5 in concert many years ago. Not bad, but I'm not sure that I'd see the "biggest pop rock band in the world" again.

I finally got my credit card to work at the gas station. Unfortunately, I was unable to purchase lunch with my card, so I'm eating coconut cookies with tea. And I still cannot get cash from an ATM. It was time to call the banks, since neither of my debit-credit cards were working. Both cards were blocked due to my attempts to make transactions today, and after 20 minutes of talking to Visa, they are ready for use again. I have to learn to carry cash while I'm here. I can't rely on plastic like I do in the States.

I ironed for the first time since I've been here today, actually for the first time in many months. I can't believe my talk is tomorrow and that my time in T&T is a quarter over! More work to be done, fun to be had and places to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment