Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I did not go to UWI today, hoping that I could put away all of the stuff I received from yesterday's big pick-up. I'm not quite done, but I'm very close. Sparky's stuff is all sorted out in a nice green basket. My research supplies are piled on a chair waiting to be sent to their new home at UWI. All of the foodstuff has been put away. Just a few odds and ends are left, thank goodness.

I went into Port of Spain to harass people in Brian Lara Promenade about stray dogs. Some people were receptive. Others were not interested, which discouraged me a bit. One man insisted on quoting biblical passages for me. If you're interested check some of his suggested reads: Revelations 14:12, Revelations 22:14, Genesis 19 (and maybe 6), Ecclesiastes 12-14, Isaiah 8-20, and Jeremiah 9:3.

The hummingbird feeder is up and I can't wait to see who visits in the next few days. I have a couple more species of hummers to see before completing the set in T&T.

I just got up from a quick nap not too long ago. Sparky was no where to be found. I searched around the house and yard, until finally I remembered that the porch door slammed when a strong breeze blew a few hours ago. There was Sparky, patiently waiting there for me to let him out. I realized then that my attachment to him is pretty tight already. I do, after all, make sure that he is fed before I eat my breakfast and dinner. Not to mention that I see him the most out of anyone/thing in T&T. He was rewarded with a chicken foot, one of his favorite treats. It's fun watching him crunch on the toes :-)

My dad mentioned that a cousin of mine was in the newspaper recently so I googled her name to find the article. After a few minutes of searching to no avail, I decided to google myself. This is something I do every few months. I make my life very public, so it's usually not too surprising. There were a couple of new ones today:
UWI Welcome homepage
Fulbright awards take Cornellians from Australia to Trinidad and Tobago
Ban the Sale of Commercial Wild-meat- petition signatures

I should be working on my presentation instead of googling and blogging. Yeah, I'll do that.


Guy feeding stray dogs at Brian Lara Promenade. This was set up :-)


Cream of Wheat is expensive! TT$40 is a little over US$6. Ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment