
Today was supposed to be a laid-back day consisting of a leisurely hike near Las Cuevas Bay followed by a trip to Gasparillo to Ma and Dad and a gathering with Avia and her friends for her birthday. Instead, we went on a difficult hike to Rincon Waterfall. Did I mention that Sparky went with us? He was amazing! In all, I'd say the hike was about 5 miles. Sparky climbed over rocks and fallen trees like a champion! I was not so graceful. I fell and hit my face and knee on a giant boulder. Also my legs are scratched up from thorns and bushes. Was it worth it? Sure. It was an experience that Daniel, Sparky, and I shared in... and survived!
After the hike, we stopped off at Maracas for what was to be a quick dip. Instead, we ran into a beach musician, actually, he was a rock guitarist who sang and played songs by The Cranberries, Elton John, an Bon Jovi. Very random experience. We also were privileged to hear another musician's calypso about Maracas. Daniel re-strung one of Grandpa's mandolins while we were being entertained. We took a 10-minute dip in Maracas and headed back home. The night ended quickly for me. I was exhausted!

Sleepy Sparky

Pool at the bottom of Rincon Falls

Daniel in the lifeguard tower at Maracas, resuscitating Grandpa's mandolin
No comments:
Post a Comment