Oh, Trinidad. Sometimes I love you; other times I'm ready to get on a plane back to the States! I was all fired up after a day of running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I left around 1 after processing the last of the samples I collected on Sunday. It took over an hour to get to the TTSPCA, a trip that should take less than half an hour. Then it took another 20 minutes to get to Aunt Vilma's house which is in St. James! Why stop there with the traffic shenanigans? More traffic in St. James at the driver licensing office. Once there, there was a nice sign saying that it was closed until further notice. Wonderful. That meant back on the highway for more traffic to get to the main licensing office. I left Auntie Vilma is the car and ran across the highway only to see a large padlock on the gate to the building. Closed as well. Lovely. My last errand was to pick up the gas tank for my new stove at NP (National Petroleum). The tanks are heavily subsidized by the government and must be picked up by the person whose name appears on the stove receipt, which happened to be Auntie Vilma, and who must be a citizen. We got to security gate at NP at 3:10 to be told by the guard that they closed at 3. In a nutshell, the only thing I accomplished was scheduling Sweetie's spay. Oh, and I took Auntie Vilma for some groceries and picked up bacon, milk, and water for myself. I hate feeling like I wasted time. Oh well. It happens... a lot here!
Dad and I tried to watch Public Enemies (with Johnny Depp and Christian Bale). Unfortunately, it froze about a third of the way through. Perfect end to a difficult day.
Early farm visit tomorrow. The farm is an hour and a half away, and I have to be there between 8:30 and 9. Time for bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment