I collected two samples today; one from Sweetie and the other from a lost lab mix. Together with the sample I collected from Waterloo yesterday, there were worms galore! Sweetie had hookworms and Trichuris vulpis, and I saw my first moving larval worm in her sample. I didn't see any tapeworms or other parasites. I have made a decision on Sweetie. The TTSPCA does not consider her adoptable because she likes to climb things (easy runaway). It seems to be a trend among Waterloo dogs being that the dogs are often seen on tables there. So I'm taking her home, at the very least until I can find her a great home. I think she will be a great dog for someone, possibly me! She's 3 months, still a puppy and in need of attention. After I get her spayed and caught up on some veterinary care, I'll introduce her to Sparky. Hope Dad doesn't freak out (I know he will).
I finally bonded with UWI students today, though briefly. The heavy, prolonged rainfall caused the soccer finals to be postponed to next Friday. The vet school team was to compete against the dental school for the championship. Instead, the players and fans congregated near the entrance. We talked about animals for the majority of the conversations. It's so great to be around like-minded people.
I hope to relax a bit this weekend. Maybe finish some cleaning and finally put up Christmas lights. I also want to get the place ready for Sweetie.
TGIF!
Kelly and Nandy went home with their new owners today! They will be missed.
Sweetie howling for attention.
No comments:
Post a Comment