Saturday, May 21, 2011

Meg's last full day in T&T was a great one! We hit up the San Juan market for a bit of sensory overload. Lots of colors with varieties of fruits, veggies, and meats. Dad ran into my mother's friend Patsy who used to live next to us in Santa Cruz! Small world.

After some saltfish for breakfast (oops! I forgot about my vegetarianism), we lounged around the house for a bit and headed to Blanchisseuse for the Red Earth festival, an event to promote "environmental awareness through the Arts and other outdoor events." We listened to music my the Madamas River, hiked to a sweet gorge, and did some swimming.

On our way back home, we stopped of at El Pecos so that Meg could try some BBQ pigtail. She loved it! I think she loved all of the foods here.

It was great having you, Meggie! See when I get back!


Pig tails!


Offering to the gods. This was after the chicken sacrifice. Crazy!


River walk


Beautiful gorge


Live music at the river.

No comments:

Post a Comment