Sunday, May 1, 2011

I'd say I had a pretty eventful weekend. Friday night, I tagged along with Gigi and Brent to participate in an Orisha ceremony. I was completely unprepared for what to expect. It was definitely a little strange having people become possessed by spirits, and made me question the "truth" behind it all. I guess, the first step is believing for any sort of organized belief system, then things fall into place. I was not at all in place.

The Orisha feast lasted until the wee hours of the morning; I left at 4:30 which made for a lazy Saturday. I ended up meeting with Gigi and James to watch Water for Elephants at Movietowne. The book is obviously better, but I was still entertained. It was the more-engaging of the two movies I saw this week but I wouldn't recommend going out of your way to see it.

Today, I'm finally taking Alita's kids to the zoo! They should be ready to go. Maybe a trip to secret beach? Pics to come.

Note: I prefer my puppies to bad-behaved children any day!







No comments:

Post a Comment