Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy Friday! My day started out with a trip to Dr. Adam for Sparky and Zara's rabies vaccinations! It's the only step in getting them to the US, other than buying my ticket, that I can do so far in advance of my trip. Zara weighed in at a whopping 10 kilograms! 22lbs! Sparky put on some weight too (Dad's been feeding them a lot). He's 15.8 lbs. Pucky needs to go on a diet since he's reaching the carrier capacity.

I was feeling a little under the weather, so I came home and took a nap until about 2. I woke up feeling a lot better and made it to UWI to finish the DNA extractions and to organize the freezer. Looks like I'm going to bring back about between 600-800 tubes! I will start praying to the customs gods now: dairy cattle and dog samples, two live dogs, and jars of worms and ticks. Should be an interesting stint at Newark Airport.

I identified a new bird today: the Short-tailed Swift. My picture is terrible since swifts never alight. It's a black blur, but I'm pretty sure it's right. 11 more to go!

I'm gearing up for a fun weekend ahead: Animal Cruelty Awareness workshop and hunt for dairy farms in southern Trinidad tomorrow, father-daughter bonding with Dad on Sunday, and hopefully, a trip to my cousin's dog sanctuary on Monday.

Happy Memorial Day weekend, Americans! I'm celebrating Indian Arrival Day weekend here in T&T.


Friday morning car ride. Yes, I was driving and no, you should NEVER do this!


Chungie, Auntie Vilma's pup


Happy in the backseat


Dinnertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment