Saturday, May 28, 2011

I was rudely woken up at 6:30 this morning by a person interested in renting my apartment. The listing explicitly says "call after 6 pm." I guess she couldn't read. After eating breakfast with Dad, it was Mom time. Mom and I made plans for her lesson in photo uploading from the digi cam to the computer and then emailing photos to through gmail. I knew it would be a hard task, but Mom did it! It took about an hour. I'm so proud of you, Mom! :-)

I was sluggish to get out of the house due my early morning, but I made it out by 1. I drove to Waterloo to check on the dogs. I was really upset to see new faces, even new puppies. One dog looked near death: very little fur, just skin and bones, and no will to eat the treat I desperately tried to feed him. There were between 25-30 dogs, all itchy and many with maggot wounds.

To add insult to injury, I took a drive to Carli Bay, the next fishing village to the south of Waterloo. There were even more dogs there! Probably 35-40! I had to drive around a motionless puppy that was resting in the middle of the road. I left central Trinidad feeling disappointed and sad. I really sympathize with the dogs here. They have a lot to manage.

In the process of making my first pizza! Should go well with the remaining red wine!


Poor pup


The dogs of Waterloo


Hanging out on the table... where people eat!


Not okay to drink but it's fine if dogs defecate and disturb the remains of the dead at this sacred cremation site. I don't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment