Monday, October 4, 2010

After a terrible night's sleep, I woke up this morning at 6 AM to clouds and rain. Bleh. I made it to UWI by 7:40, had a much needed dose of black tea and started work. Work today meant creating a questionnaire to give to dairy farmers in T&T so that I can come up with risk factors that are likely to be associated with intestinal parasitic infections. Double bleh.

Around lunchtime, I decided to take a trip Gasparillo, Trinidad to visit my ex-step-grandparents (long story). With them around, it's like I have my original two sets of grandparents back! I was treated to watermelon, homemade pholourie, curried pommecythere, and pepper sauce. Ma and Dad said I can come back any time, and I will take their word for it.

I got a little adventurous and decided to visit the Hindu Temple in the Sea. Neil and I were supposed to go back in February, but Dad said that it was too far. It really wasn't that bad of a drive; Trinidad is a small island. The temple was closed but I did peek in and walked around a bit. I even saw one new bird: the Little Blue Heron (Liz, look what you've done)! I also saw 12 stray dogs at the Temple, two of which were sleeping peacefully on tables. One (pictured below) was covered in mange. Sigh.


Temple by the Sea


This is NOT okay.


Little Blue Heron (finally, a decent bird photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment