Port of Spain was flooded with upwards of two feet of water from heavy rains. I wish I had been there to take some photos. I was at the vet school where the rains weren't too bad. When I came home, my bed was wet from leaving the windows open. DOH!
I left work early because I was feeling under the weather. Auntie Vilma suggested that I drink some fever grass tea. As soon as I smelled it, I knew it was lemon grass (one of its AKAs). It was so delicious. I felt better within 5 minutes of drinking it. Honestly! And lemon grass keeps mosquitoes away! It's a miracle plant.
I made some progress with my lost debit card. Mom can pick up a new one for me at our credit union. Losing the wallet wasn't all that bad, I suppose, except that I cannot legally drive.
I've come up with a fool-proof way stay asleep longer. Instead of using the ceiling fan, I'm using the louder floor fan and keeping the windows closed. No fresh air, but no barking dogs, no roosters, and less mosquitoes. Take that!
Trinidad Euphonia. Check out its yellow toupée! Not the best shot so here's a link.
No comments:
Post a Comment