Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I am no longer Jane Doe! Dad picked up my passport from the U.S. Embassy today. I cannot believe it took five weeks for them to process my visa! Noted. Get visas done in the states.

Other great news today: I booked ferry tickets for Daniel and me to go to Tobago! This is great for a host of reasons. Tobago is mix of relaxation (great beaches, picturesque scenery, and delicious food) and excitement (snorkeling, windsurfing, jet skiing, hiking, you name it)! We'll be staying with my favorite Tobagonian couple, Ed and Susie. I hope Ed will be up for one of his 5AM walks! Taking the ferry to Tobago is even beneficial to my research! I can bring any poop samples I collect in Tobago back to Trinidad without worry. I don't know that Caribbean Airlines would have allowed me to smuggle fecal samples on the plane. And, because we'll be there on Sunday, we get to partake in Sunday School. You'll see when I post the photos :-)

Sparky and I went for a walk around the soccer field. There was a match going on. Sparky really wanted to play. I ran into Nigel who works at the vet school. He was gearing up for some fĂștbol.

I get to sleep in tomorrow! My dairy farm visit isn't until 4:30 so I'll get in around 9ish. In the morning, I'll prepare everything for sampling. After lunch, I'll head to Waterloo, scope on the stray dog scene, and try to remember the location of the farm. Should be a fun and productive day.


Pack of strays craving a Sparky snack


GOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLL!


Smiling stray

No comments:

Post a Comment