
I love traffic in Trinidad. What better way to spend your waking hours of the day? Inhaling exhaust and the noise pollution from the loud music coming from cars. It's great! Not. I've made the best of it by doing some car birding. This morning was incredible. I heard at least 4 new birds and identified two! High in the tree tops, I saw a
Turquoise Tanager. Really good-looking bird. And a
Bananaquit zipped passed the car and into some small shrubs. Because Dad and I leave the house at the same time, we call each other to see how far we've progressed in the traffic. He was 4 cars ahead. I called him asking for us to go early-morning bird-watching tomorrow around Santa Cruz. Can't wait!
Work went by quickly today. I did some intense reading and PPT making. After relaxing a bit at home, Sparky and I went for a drive around the "bush" part of Santa Cruz. I'm seeing more and more Smooth-billed Anis. Just finished playing with the kids who live in the house out back. They insisted on a photo shoot!
Avia aren't going out tonight since Yahaira is sick. Maybe Dad and I will hit up some bars later. What is more likely to happen is that he and fall asleep around 10.

Sparky showing off his potty training skills

Driving with Sparky
No comments:
Post a Comment