Sunday, October 3, 2010

After many unsuccessful attempts to catch Mama Dove on her eggs, I succeeded today. My stealthiness paid off. This time I had the camera ready and zoomed in. Usually, she flies off and I'm left with a blurry photo of fake leaves.

Dad, Kaila, Sparky and I went to Macqueripe Bay, my favorite beach in Trinidad! The water was fantastic and counteracted the 35 C heat. I used my underwater camera in the water for the first time today. It worked pretty well.

I saw two new birds!! I saw the Crested Oropendula on our way out of Macqueripe and the Greyish Saltator while bird watching in Auntie Vilma's kitchen. In the two weeks that I've been in T&T, I've seen 26 different species of birds! Incredible!


Sparky and Me


Daughter and Dad


Kaila pretending to bird-watch


Sparky's First Swim! Note my slight Trini accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment