
Tropical Storm Tomas turned out to be a bust. He didn't cause any damage in Trinidad, thank goodness. He did, however, affect the tides at the beaches. Daniel and I went to Maracas this morning. The tide was so high that the shore was more or less nonexistent. It was really difficult for me to swim. The tide kept pulling me out into the ocean and I had to call over to Daniel to help me get back to shore. He was really great about calming down a very scared Miguella. Note to self: don't swim during a tropical storm with an underwater camera in your hand. It's a little distracting.
New bird today: juvenile Pearl Kite.
I participated in the Republic Bank cancer awareness walk today around the Queens Park Savannah. I went to support Auntie Vilma and to remember Auntie Merle. It was a good day for a walk; not too hot and a little breezy.
Off to Tobago tomorrow! Can't wait!

Posing with plovers and sandpipers.
Like your blog page! Thanks for sending the link!
ReplyDelete