Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sad news from the TTSPCA today. Teddy, one of the dogs I gave a bath last week escaped from his new home. Apparently, Teddy did not have a collar or leash and decided to take a stroll. He came to the TTSPCA as a stray who was hit by a car. Too much freedom, Teddy Bear! His owner came in to the shelter today. She printed a thousand "LOST DOG" flyers with a picture of the back of Teddy's head! There's no way she's going to find him with those. Whether it be happenstance or fate, I was at the TTSPCA to give Teddy's owner the photo I took of him last week. I hope she finds him! He is a cutie pie.

My volunteering time at the TTSPCA consisted of cleaning out litter boxes (oh joy), changing food and water, bathing a dog who is to be adopted tomorrow, and answering phones. Answering phones is interesting. There's a slight language barrier. I don't really speak "Trini" and the callers don't speak "Yankee." I answered a call about two separate animal cruelty cases. Another person wanted to give up 5 puppies and spay the mother. More or less, calls like these are encouraging and make me believe that Trinidadians are mindful of the stray dog and animal welfare issues in the country.

I had a long and productive meeting with the president of the TTSPCA this afternoon. I'm really excited to start counting strays.

I collected three samples from dogs at the TTSPCA for my intestinal parasites research. Tomorrow morning, I'll scoop up a sample from Sparky. Let's see what that little bugger has!

Pretty sure I got a glimpse of a Little Hermit today, but I'll wait to be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment