Every now and again, I am reminded with little hints that I'm not in the first world anymore. Take for example, consistent water supply. I would think that an island, which by definition is surround by water, would have more than enough water. Especially during the rainy season! The problem isn't so much a lack of water, but a lack of running water and a lack of desalinated water. We didn't have running water at the house for almost two weeks. Thank God for the three large water tanks we have in the back. Today at UWI, minutes before I wanted to process my poop samples, water was shut down on the entire campus. Can you imagine if I had started? Gross.
I have to step up my processing and identification game. Today's session was a spectacle! Water and sugar everywhere, blurry images of potential parasites that I do not recognize (or maybe they're just plant matter)...
Time for bed. Hello, weekend!
Sparky and Sprite. He drank the whole bottle :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment